Creating value, accelerating growth, reducing the carbon footprint and responding to our customers: this is the ENGIE 2019/2021 strategy, driven by the ambition to be a leader in the zero-carbon transition.
ENGIE has identified in the ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001, SA8000 and ISO 45001 and in the Legislative Decree 231/01 the guidelines to inspire and conform all the choices concerning the Quality of the services provided, the Environment, Energy Efficiency, Social Responsibility and Safety in the company.
This Corporate Governance, transmitted to all levels of the ENGIE Italia organization and to all the social partners involved in accordance with the Ethical Charter and the values of the Group, is based on a set of principles to which strategies and objectives must adhere.
- compliance with national and local regulations in force, international conventions relating to personnel management and Group guidelines, compliance obligations deriving from the analysis of the context and the parties involved;
- compliance with environmental protection, efficient use of energy, protection of health and safety, quality and ethical and social responsibility;
- employees participation in the process of risk prevention, environmental protection and protection of health and safety with regard to themselves, their colleagues and third parties;
- the satisfaction of the applicable requirements and the expectations of all corporate stakeholders, as a fundamental prerequisite for creating value for its customers and for the organization.
- the availability of resources necessary to guarantee the proper functioning of the Management Systems implemented by the organization;
- the constant commitment of the Management for the definition and implementation of the company objectives and the continuous improvement of the working conditions, the performances and the quality of its products / services, of the environment, of the prevention of accidents and occupational diseases as well as the carrying out actions on Social Responsibility;
- the reduction of energy waste through the improvement of transformation and use processes, as well as the correct management and maintenance of the plants;
- the selection of suppliers sensitive to ethical, environmental and occupational safety issues with a view to continuous improvement, so that they guarantee the respect of those principles to which ENGIE conforms;
- the dialogue with the Authorities and the Community, the collaboration with the Institutions and with any other bearer of interest in the context in which ENGIE operates, guaranteeing maximum correctness and transparency in the relationships, providing complete, reliable and clear information;
- the optimization of its products / services in order to meet the needs of customers, ensuring that the requirements are determined, understood and regularly met and that the entire organization is constantly focused on improving their satisfaction;
- promotion, involvement, development of the professionalism of all personnel, consultation of workers on safety and health, respect for cultural, human and religious values; support and transfer of skills to developing populations that do not have access to essential energy, health and educational services;
- the training and awareness-raising of its management and all personnel on ethical, environmental, internal control, security risk management and quality issues;
- periodic assessment, based on established criteria and indicators, of the performance of the Integrated Management System as a tool for applying this Corporate Governance.
Olivier Jacquier, CEO ENGIE ITALY