To become the leader of the energy transition by reinventing ourselves: this is the ambitious objective of Engie, which puts responsible growth at the centre of its business. To do this, it has decided to pursue a new business model based on three “D”s: Decarbonization, Decentralization (of energy production and storage) and Digitization, accompanied by energy efficiency and innovation, as drivers of its business strategy.
The three principal objectives of its business conversion are to speed up the growth of the Group to create value, to be a responsible Group, in which ethics is not a negotiable value, and to make its collaborators the designers and actors of the transition and change.
Engie has selected the ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001, SA8000 and OHSAS 18001 standards and Legislative decree no. 231/01 as the guidelines on which to base and with which to align all its decisions concerning the Quality of the services provided, the Environment, Energy efficiency, Social Responsibility and Safety at the workplace.
This Corporate Governance, transmitted to all levels of the Engie Italia organization and all the social parties concerned in compliance with the Code of Ethics and the values of the Group, is based on a set of principles to which the strategies and objectives must conform.
The principles to which Engie Italia refers for aspects concerning Quality, Safety, Environment, Social Responsibility and Energy Efficiency regard:
- Compliance with national and local regulations in force, international conventions on personnel management and the Group’s guidelines;
- The guidelines for implementing quality, safety and environmental protection, which are to be followed by all the companies in the Group;
- Participation of employees in the processes of risk prevention, environmental protection and safeguarding of their own health and safety and those of their colleagues and third parties;
- Satisfaction of the stakeholders’ expectations, as a fundamental condition for creating value and promoting sustainable development.
Engie Italia guarantees:
- A constant commitment of the Management to set and reach the company’s objectives and a continual improvement of working conditions, the environment, the prevention of accidents and occupational diseases and the implementation of Social Responsibility projects;
- A business risk management system;
- The selection of suppliers sensitive to ethical, environmental and work safety issues with a view to obtaining a continual improvement, so that they guarantee compliance with the principles adopted by Engie Italia;
- A dialogue with Authorities and Communities, collaboration with Institutions, ensuring the utmost fairness and transparency in relations and providing complete, clear and reliable information;
- Optimization of the services so as to meet Customers’ needs, according to the resources available and in full compliance with the ethical principles and quality of life at the workplace;
- The promotion, involvement and development of the skills of the entire staff, consultation of workers in health and safety issues, respect for cultural, human and religious values; support and transfer of skills to the populations of developing countries that do not have access to energy, health, or essential educational services;
- The training and awareness of its management and the entire staff on ethical, environmental, internal control, quality and safety risk management issues;
- The assessment of the environmental aspects and risks due to accidents and/or potential accidents, the reduction of energy waste through the improvement of the transformation and operating processes, and the correct operation and maintenance of the plants.